Monthly Archives: August 2016
CUPS is a network printing service used on Mac computers, and allows you to setup your printers on a network, and customise options such as the page settings, cash drawer setup, etc.
1. Go to http://localhost:631/printers/
A screen will appear saying 'Web Interface is Disabled'
To enable CUPS:
1. Select and copy the following text: "cupsctl WebInterface=yes"
2. Next, click on the magnifying glass in the top right hand corner of your screen and search for "Terminal".
3. Once in the terminal programme, paste teh following text into it: "cupsctl WebInterface=yes" and click enter.
Now you should be able to go to http://localhost:631/printers/ and find/view your installed printers.
To change settings for your printer, or to set up your cash drawer for example, click the desired printer, and modify the options provided.
PayPal Here and the PayPal Here card reader for your iPhone and iPad is designed to support a variety of printers, cash drawers, and iPad Stands.
PayPal does not currently have a PayPal branded receipt printer.
You can use the following receipt printers, in addition to printers that are AirPrint or ePrint enabled with your iPhone and iPad :
- Star TSP143-LAN
- Star TSP654-LAN
- Star SM 220i-Bluetooth
- Star mPOP
- Star TSP654-BT (Bluetooth)
- TM-T20 II-LAN
- TM-T82 II-LAN
Paypal Here Android compatible portable printers (Not available in Australia):
PayPal Here for iPad also works with cash drawers that connect to the Star or Epson receipt printers. Examples include the APG Vasario 1416 and APG Vasario 1616 (USA Only). Or the POSBOX, VPOS or NEXA Cash drawer available in Australia (We ship to Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, and all rural locations)